Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Procrastination

     One of my enemies during finals is, you guessed it: procrastination. That along with TV that decides to air all of their best programmes while I'm supposed to be studying for exams. And let's not mention all my TBR books that are lazing on my bookshelf behind me while I'm studying.

     During exam week this time (ahem, this week), I found myself doing some of the following activities that are not relevant to my tests:

  1. Doing household chores at night. Last Saturday, I was home alone because poor Grace had to stay home and study for her finals. And did she really? Well, no. At around 9 p.m., she decided to vacuum the entire house. Yes, at night. I mean, maybe she was procrastinating but at least she did something productive, eh?

  2. Writing a silly story. It's about a girl who could turn the river pink just by doing her laundry washing by the river. I seemed to be fond of anything to do with chores this week...

  3. Doing research on musical instruments. I've always wanted to learn to play at least one musical instrument in my life. Okay, so the guitar and harmonica didn't work out for me. And I'd lost interest in them after a few months. But I have a reason for that. Are you ready for this? It didn't work for me because it's just not meant to be... Anyway, I've decided on going back to basics and try learning to play the recorder.

  4. Buying a recorder. Yep, I went to the mall today and bought myself a recorder. Thank goodness that it's inexpensive!

  5. Watching YouTube tutorials on how to play the recorder. And I've made progress! I've learned how to place my fingers on the recorder for the music notes B, A and G. But I still play terribly. Gotta work on that.

  6. Watching the pros play the recorder. That is, until I discovered that one of the maestros is actually 15 years old.... What the heck am I doing with my life? That's when I awake from my fantasy of becoming a pro musician. Oh yeah, and I have two more papers to sit for this week.

Well, I guess it's time to get back with my revision and stop procrastinating by blogging about my issue with procrastination.


No comments:

Post a Comment