Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book Recommendation: Short Stories

Here's a list of short stories I've read this year which I find really thought-provoking. They are definitely worth a read.


1. The Egg by Andy Weir

Image via Goodreads

This short story really made me think about life in general and how we treat people. I never expected a 4-page story to be so... deep. I would recommend everyone to give this a read. It's definitely worth it. Besides, it's super short.

You can read The Egg here.









2. Ponies by Kij Johnson

Image via Goodreads

Don't mistook the cover for a fluffy read about ponies and rainbow. This short story is actually kinda dark. It's a very interesting depiction of peer pressure and how it controls our actions.

You can read Ponies here.










3. The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas by Ursula K. Le Guin

Image via Goodreads

This short story depicts a moral dilemma. Would you sacrifice the freedom of one child for the happiness of thousands? Or should thousands suffer in exchange of one child's freedom? It's utilitarianism versus liberalism. For me, I chose to walk away from Omelas.

You can read this short story here.


No comments:

Post a Comment