Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Romancing The Duke by Tessa Dare


Image via Goodreads
Title: Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After #1)
Author: Tessa Dare
Release Date: January 28th, 2014
Publisher: Avon
Source: Borrowed
Genre: Adult, Historical Romance
Purchase Link: Book Depository

Blurb:

In the first in Tessa Dare's captivating Castles Ever After series, a mysterious fortress is the setting for an unlikely love . . .

As the daughter of a famed author, Isolde Ophelia Goodnight grew up on tales of brave knights and fair maidens. She never doubted romance would be in her future, too. The storybooks offered endless possibilities.

And as she grew older, Izzy crossed them off. One by one by one.

Ugly duckling turned swan?
Abducted by handsome highwayman?
Rescued from drudgery by charming prince?


No, no, and… Heh.

Now Izzy’s given up yearning for romance. She’ll settle for a roof over her head. What fairy tales are left over for an impoverished twenty-six year-old woman who’s never even been kissed?

This one.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I've been exploring different genres for the past few months. I gotta say, after enjoying most of the historical romance novels that I'd picked up, I am now officially a fan of this genre. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare is by far my favourite, followed by An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn.

I enjoyed Romancing the Duke tremendously. It was hilarious, steamy and just plain awesome!

The main character- Isolde "Izzy" Ophelia Goodnight is the daughter of a famed author whose series of children's stories starred Izzy as one of its character. It was because of the stories that Izzy was loved by all the readers and she even had her very own fan club. However, the world still treated Izzy as a child instead of a 26-year-old spinster. When her father died, Izzy was broke and homeless as her father had left her with nothing in his will. When she learns that her godfather had bequeathed her a castle, she used all the shillings left on her to get to Gostley Castle. She arrived at the castle and met Ransom, the Duke of Rothbury, A.K.A the owner of Gostley Castle who insisted that the castle was still in his ownership as he would never sell it. He was certain that the castle might have been sold due to a misunderstanding. Both Izzy and Ransom agreed to share the property (live under the same roof) until the matter is resolved. 

I have no complaints about this book. I might be biased though since Ransom reminds me of Jericho Barrons and you know how I'm crushing hard on Barrons.

I love how the Izzy Goodnight Fan Club was woven into the story, creating more funny moments. I love Ransom and Izzy. I love how much depth there is to both of our main characters. I love the setting of the story. I mean, a bat-infested castle for a story setting, what's not to love?

There are lots of steamy scenes between Izzy and Ransom. I'm glad that I read this book in the comforts of my home, where no one could see me blushing and fanning myself with my hand. So, yeah... like I said, steamy. I had fun reading it though.










No comments:

Post a Comment