Monday, November 24, 2014

Jericho Barrons

Lately, I've been crushing hard on yet another fictional character but it's different this time around. You see, I usually infatuate over a character for a couple of days at the most after finishing the book. This time, I'd finished reading the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning for more than a week now and yet, I still feel a strong urge to fangirl over Jericho Barrons. 

Most of my friends hadn't even heard of the series and the only friend who has read the first few books in the series doesn't seem to want to discuss about Barrons. I, however, still attempted to introduce them to Barrons through my fangirling... It didn't go so well since they were kinda freaked out when I started blushing just talking about a freaking book character. Anyway, I've never thought that I would ever dedicate a blog post to a fictional character. Needless to say, Jericho Barrons is currently placed first on my list of book boyfriends. I guess Evan Walker from The Fifth Wave, Jackson Castello from Gravity and Four from Divergent just have to make some room in the number two spot. 

If you've never heard of the Fever series before, you should definitely check it out. It's an adult paranormal fiction so just know that there are a lot more steamy scenes than in YA fiction. The story is set in Dublin, Ireland. There's mystery, suspense, romance and of course, there's Jericho Barrons. It has a very interesting premise involving fae and sidhe-seers. The main character, Mac, has just discovered that she is a sidhe-seer herself. She could see through the glamour and could also sense the Sinsar Dubh, which is actually a book created by the Unseelie King but was lost in the human world. Most of everyone- fae and human alike- wants to get their hands on the book and Mac is the only person who could lead them to it. 

I shall now talk about the star of this post- Jericho Barrons. I'll keep the spoilers down to a minimum just in case you haven't read the series yet.

Okay, let's begin! Barrons and I go way back. I actually only started liking him in Dreamfever (book 4). In fact, I kinda hated him in Darkfever (that's book 1). He was so condescending to Mac and had actually bruised and threatened Mac. I didn't expect myself to fall for him and wasn't too fond of him being a potential love interest of Mac then.


Jericho Barrons, like this book series itself, somehow just grew on me. He's an alpha male and is pretty much...beastly but still, he cares about Mac and protects her in his own ways. He's mysterious and secretive and dangerous. He's probably the kind of man that a girl wouldn't want to fall for in real life. Oh, have I mentioned that he's totally hot? 



What he did in Dreamfever to bring Mac back from her Pri-ya state of mind was um... somewhat disturbing but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading about it. I'm a horrible person, I know. It was only then that I start to find out more about who Barrons is and that he actually cares for Mac.


What happened in the end of Dreamfever was a plot twist I did not see coming! That was quite a cliffhanger and I couldn't get my hands on Shadowfever fast enough to find out what happened to Barrons. He had officially won me over in Shadowfever and now I can't help but compare every guy I meet to Barrons.

I loved the relationship between Barrons and Mac. And I loved this series. And I should probably stop now before I blurt out any more embarrassing thoughts I had about Barrons.



“He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?"
I do.
Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.” 
― Karen Marie MoningShadowfever

No comments:

Post a Comment