Saturday, October 18, 2014

My first solo road trip!

After morning lecture today, I decided to take an impromptu road trip uptown. This solo road trip started out great! The radio station was playing my kind of music, the view of mountains in front of me is breathtaking and I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Took this pic while waiting for the traffic light.

Of course, the picture I took above didn't really do the mountains justice. The roads that I took were long and narrow with only a  few traffic lamps in the way. There were several times during my drive when I'm tempted to just stop my car in the middle of the road to take pictures of the mountains but knew I couldn't. It was at that moment that I had an epiphany that life doesn't stop for anyone. I just need to keep moving forward even if I'm clueless about what lies ahead for me. 

My first stop: KPG. Telaga Air.
I honestly have no idea how I reached this place but I made it here anyway! I do, however, have a vague memory of visiting this place once with my family. 








My next stop: Kubah National Park
I made a very brief stop at Kubah National Park which isn't far from my first destination. I really wanted to explore the jungle trails there but my ballet flats isn't exactly suitable for this kind of activity. Also, I don't dare go jungle trekking by myself. Oh well, there's always next time.






I then decided to drive to the beach, thinking that it would be the perfect destination to mark the end of my solo road trip. What I didn't expect was for me to get lost along the way... I pretty much had no idea how to get there. Anyway, I made some changes to my plan and drove downtown to a mall (heading back to modern civilisation) and bought myself ice-cream to celebrate this occasion before making my way home.

Driving for hours even with the company of good music is still very tiring. I am physically exhausted but I don't regret taking this road trip in whatsoever way.










No comments:

Post a Comment