Monday, September 29, 2014

My Driving (mis)Adventure

After getting my driver's license for a year, I finally have the guts to actually go behind the wheels. In fact, I've been driving, solo, to my college for nearly 2 weeks now. 

Who knew that driving to college could be such a stressful thing? On the second day that I drove to my college, I felt so proud of myself that I couldn't stop grinning as I went and took my seat next to my friend, Connie. Just as I was taking my books out of my bag, I heard a car alarm went off somewhere. I froze in my seat. I started saying a silent prayer that that was not my car alarm going off. It was the longest minute ever until it finally stopped and I heaved a sigh of relief. 

Connie then turned to face me and asked if I remembered to lock my car. At that time, one thought came to mind- Oh crap! I think I might have forgotten about that (Okay, that's not exactly what I thought. Some swear words are what came to mind). I grabbed my car keys and fled downstairs towards the parking lot and locked it up. Like I said, STRESSFUL!

On the days that I drive, it is usually sunny. Thus, I never needed to turn on my windshield wipers until last week... It was raining when class ended. I ended up sitting in my car and spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to operate the windshield wipers. Before driving solo, I always have a parent sitting beside me. And when it does rain, they'll automatically help me turn on the wipers. So, I didn't bother checking the wipers out before that event. I know that isn't really responsible of me, but hey, you live and learn, right?

When I drive, I like to have music playing in the background. Music soothes me and helps me get over the jitters of driving in some ways. Well, today, I got Demi Lovato's fourth album playing in the car's CD player. When the album ended, I tried to remove the CD to put on a different one. And guess what? My Demi Lovato album got stuck in the CD player. I kept pressing the eject button but it won't budge! 

When I got home, I was really pissed at the CD player. When your CD player swallowed your Demi Lovato album and won't let it out, I took the only rational step I could think of at that moment- dismantle the CD player from my car and try to use my hairpin to pry the disc out of the disc pocket. It took me few tries but I succeeded. The victory was short-lived as I realised that I had to figure out how to put my CD player back into its place. I tried shoving it into its place but it didn't work in my first few tries. I was starting to break out in cold sweat when finally, FINALLY it got into its slot in the car AND..... it actually still works fine. Phew!


No comments:

Post a Comment