Monday, December 23, 2013

Searching for my dream

If someone had asked me what my dream was a year ago, I just might write down a list of things I wish to achieve- my dreams. However, at this point in my life, it seems that I have to learn to dream again even though at times it seems hopeless that I'll ever achieve it. I need to get over the super realistic side of me and try to be daring whilst I'm still young to reach for my dreams.

     I feel that, every time I start to dream, someone either an acquaintance or a stranger manages to ruin it just within minutes with their negative comments or equally super realistic views on the possibilities of me achieving it. I know that it's not their problem, it's mine. I shouldn't let others' opinions easily affect my decision when it comes to my future. I wonder if this realization that I've been letting others get to me came too late.

    Currently, I am still standing at a crossroad as I'm still undecided as to what I want to do or study in the next 5 years or so. I'm still trying to figure out what my passion is and what career I want to pursue. I have never thought that I would ever come to this point in my life. I dislike the lack of predictability of my situation as, to be honest, I'm quite a control freak.

     I know that I should just let it go and let God lead the way but sometimes I just couldn't help it. I just want to know that I have a goal, a destination for me to put my focus in. But I'll try to let go. Maybe by then, things will make sense to me and I'll find what my calling is.

No comments:

Post a Comment