Thursday, August 8, 2013

'My Sister Dilly' by Maureen Lang


Image via Goodreads
Title: My Sister Dilly
Author: Maureen Lang
Release Date: September 24th, 2008

Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Source: Bought
Genre: Christian fiction, Contemporary



Blurb:

Hannah Williams couldn't get out of her small hometown fast enough, preferring the faster pace, trendy lifestyle and beauty of California's Pacific Ocean coast. Only when her younger sister, Dilly, makes a desperate choice and commits the unthinkable does Hannah realize she never should have left her behind in rural Illinois. Hannah returns home to make up for letting Dilly down, leaving the one man she's ever loved in California. But Dilly is a changed woman, and when Hannah's plans don't go as expected, the bonds of sisterhood are tested like never before.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At first glance at the summary on the back cover of this book, I thought that I will be devastated at the end of the story like how I've always felt when finishing other novels that have a similar theme to 'My Sister Dilly'. Surprisingly, this time, I'm not devastated. In fact, I'm somewhat pleased with myself that I picked up this book and managed to finish reading it within 2 days. I couldn't have asked for a better ending for this story.

I love the flow of the story. The story progresses very smoothly, not too fast, not too slow; unlike some novels (with a similar theme) I have read before. In my opinion, Maureen Lang had described each of the characters and also the settings in detail that I could easily envision them in my mind.

I admire the character-Dilly for her strength in taking care of a handicapped child and also her sister-Hannah, for standing by Dilly even after she had committed a crime. Being a hopeless romantic, I find myself more drawn towards the relationship between Mac and Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment