Friday, May 10, 2013

Disappointments

 It is a truth universally acknowledged that one will definitely have disappointments in life, it's only the matter of how one handles it...


The disappointments I face lately:

1.) Form 6


     I went to register as a Form 6 student on the 8th of May. The school is wonderful, the environment is just beautiful and the teachers seem helpful.... Everything is nice. So, you're probably wondering why I'm disappointed about form 6, even when classes only start next week. Well, to be more exact , I'm disappointed in the process of switching from science stream to art stream.I didn't know that the process could be so complicated...and time-consuming. It sucks that I'll miss out on classes that I'm interested to take up on. After consulting the teachers, it seems that I MUST WAIT till June to know if my appeal has been approved. I guess I have no choice but to suck it up and just get through with it...



2.) Me and Mr.Darcy- written by Alexandra Potter

   
     Just when I thought I could escape from reality (even just for a little while) and the stress of constantly worrying about form 6 by reading a good book, I felt that I've been let down. After reading few books written by Alexandra Potter, 'Me and Mr. Darcy' is the least interesting. The story progresses very, very slowly in the beginning. In fact, after about 30+ pages, I feel like giving up on the book. However, I did finish the book by speed reading it... I don't really enjoy reading encounters between Emily Albright and Mr. Darcy. (For those of you who don't know who Mr. Darcy is, I suggest you to read 'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen. It's a classic! The thought of Mr. Darcy falling for Emily is just ..... just so unlike the Mr. Darcy I've imagined him to be. I  mean Mr. Darcy is only for Elizabeth Bennet and Elizabeth Bennet is for him. Don't get me wrong, I love Mr. Darcy but I won't want to have him for me. Thankfully, at the end of the story, Emily found her own Mr. Darcy, that is Nelson Bryan Hargreaves (a.k.a Spike). 

No comments:

Post a Comment