Friday, April 12, 2013

Thoughts on PLKN

I can't believe that I'm back from PLKN for almost a month now. I happened to be one of the lucky ones chosen to embark on this journey..

   This experience is fine for me. I remember the day before going to my camp- I was ecstatic. However, my first day was a big disappointment. I suppose when you have high expectations for something and it didn't quite meet up with that standard you've set, you'll face disappointment.

   After being a 'wirawati' for nearly 3 months, I've made friends with Malaysians from different states. Of course, there're few dormmates of mine who are less...likeable but that's okay as I HAVE SURVIVED! :)

  After having lack of sleep and personal time for a while, I appreciate all that I have back home even more. Sure, I've learnt that teamwork and discipline are super important.. still, home is where the heart is.

  I am somewhat surprised to find myself missing the schedule, activities and the coaches of my camp... Okay, i  have to admit that this experience is somewhat FUN... if only I didn't set any expectations before this journey..





My mates from PLKN

Grace



1 comment: